Where will the symposium be held?
- UW Discovery Building – 330 N Orchard Street | 608-316-4300
- Talks will be held in the H.F DeLuca Forum auditorium located in the center of the building. The reception will take place in the atrium.
What is the mask policy?
- Masks are optional per Dane County and UW Campus Policies. More info is available here.
I’m unable to attend the entire conference, is that alright?
- Absolutely! Please come to any of the talks that you are available to attend.
I forgot to register– can I still attend?
- Absolutely! You can register online even after the symposium has begun – or you can register in person at the registration table outside the HF DeLuca Forum.
Will there be food?
- Yes! If you live in the Madison area, we encourage you to attend in-person! Organic coffee and Madison Sourdough pastries & bagels will be served both mornings from 7:30-8:30am, and there will be a smorgasbord of yummy appetizers and a cash bar at the Poster Session & Reception on Wednesday from 4:30-6:30pm.
- Breakfast Menu:
Just Coffee – Organic & Decaf
Madison Sourdough pastries & croissants
Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Reception Menu:
Cash Bar (assorted wine, beer and soda)
Wisconsin Cheese Platter (local artisanal cheeses, preserves, roasted nuts, crackers)
Mediterranean Tray (hummus, eggplant, tabbouleh, olive tapenade)
Parmesan Meatballs with spicy marinara
Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls with roasted red pepper aoli
Yakitori Chicken Skewers with spicy soy sauce
Sliders: Cheeseburger with aoli
Sliders: Black Bean Burger with pico
- Lunch will not be served, but there are many nearby lunch spots to choose from: Dining at Union South, The Library Café & Bar, Rheta’s Market, Memorial Union Rathskeller, Ian’s Pizza, Estacion Inka (Peruvian), Gordon Dining Center, or spots along State Street.
Where should I park?
- Lot #20, Lot #80 (Union South), and Lot #17 (engineering) are the best options for parking. See below for additional information.
- UW Interactive Map
- UW Campus Parking Map
- UW Campus Maps page
Poster Session FAQ:
- If you would still like to present a poster but missed the application deadline, simply bring your poster to the Poster Session and speak with Amber Sebastian – there will be extra poster boards available and we would love for you to participate!
- Suggested poster size: 46×46 inches or smaller (poster boards are 48×48)
- There is no virtual poster session, however poster abstracts and PDF posters will be uploaded to this website and available to view on the Poster Session page.
- Please be sure to print your poster and bring it with you to the symposium! We are unable to assist with poster-printing.
- Additional information related to poster design and printing is available here
What are the Breakout Discussions?
- Students and other in-person attendees are invited to choose one presenter and attend their small group discussion group on Thursday from 10:15-11:15am:
- Bo Li, PhD – Room 1170
- Meike Bartels, PhD– Room 1260
- Deanna Barch, PhD – Room 2329 (elevator)
- Sidney Hankerson, MD, MBA– Orchard View Room 3280 (elevator/stairs)
- Melissa Rosenkranz, PhD– Atrium near Welcome Desk
- Ned Kalin, MD & Richard J. Davidson, PhD – HF DeLuca Forum
Virtual/Hybrid Event FAQ:
- The symposium will be a hybrid event – all talks will be offered in person at the DIscovery Building and via livestream. The Zoom Webinar link will be shared with all registered attendees by Wednesday morning – please check your inbox for an email from Eventbrite.
- All talks will be recorded and share with registered attendees, assuming there are no technical hiccups
- There is a full 45 minute discussion session following each talk, initially led by a panel of graduate students, then opening up to questions from both in-person and virtual audiences.