Where will the symposium be held?
- UW Discovery Building – 330 N Orchard Street | 608-316-4300
- Talks will be held in the H.F DeLuca Forum auditorium located in the center of the building. The reception will take place in the atrium.
Where should I park?
- Lot #20, Lot #80 (Union South), and Lot #17 (engineering) are the best options for parking. See below for additional information.
- UW Interactive Map
- UW Campus Parking Map
- UW Campus Maps page
What is the mask policy?
- Masks are optional per Dane County and UW Campus Policies. More info is available here.
I’m unable to attend the entire conference, is that alright?
- Absolutely! Please come to any of the talks that you are available to attend.
I forgot to register– can I still attend?
- Absolutely! You can register online even after the symposium has begun – or you can register in person at the registration table outside the HF DeLuca Forum.
Will there be food?
- Organic coffee and continental breakfast will be served both mornings from 7:30-8:30am, and there will be a smorgasbord of yummy appetizers and a cash bar at the Poster Session & Reception on Wednesday evening from 4:30-6:30pm.
- Lunch will not be served, but there are many nearby lunch spots to choose from: Dining at Union South, The Library Café & Bar, Rheta’s Market, Memorial Union Rathskeller, Ian’s Pizza, Estacion Inka (Peruvian), Gordon Dining Center, or spots along State Street.
Poster Session FAQ:
- If you would like to present a poster but missed the submission deadline, please email email@example.com. You can also bring your poster to the symposium and speak with the event organizer at the registration table. There will be a few extra poster boards available and we would love for you to participate!
- Please be sure to print your poster and bring it with you to the symposium! We are unable to assist with poster-printing.
- Additional information related to poster design and printing is available here
- Suggested poster size: 46×46 inches or smaller (poster boards are 48×48)
- There is no virtual poster session, however poster abstracts and PDF posters will be uploaded to this website and available to view on the Poster Session page.
Virtual/Hybrid Event FAQ:
- The symposium will be a hybrid event – all talks will be offered in person at the Discovery Building and also via livestream.
- The conference details and Zoom Webinar link will be shared with all registered attendees approximately 24 hours before the event – please check your inbox for an email from Eventbrite and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this information will go to the email address that was used when you registered for the conference.
- If you are unable to find the email with the webinar link or if you encounter any other technical issues, please reach out to email@example.com
- All talks will be recorded and shared with registered attendees (assuming there are no technical hiccups). Attendees will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and the videos will also be uploaded and available to view on the symposium website. NOTE: the recorded talks will not be available immediately– please expect to wait approximately 1 week for the recorded talks to become available to view.
- There is a full 45 minute discussion session following each talk, initially led by a panel of graduate students, then opening up to questions from both in-person and virtual audiences.
- There is no virtual option for the breakout or poster session, however virtual attendees can peruse PDF posters and abstracts available for viewing on the Poster Session page.